Monday 4 February 2013

Happy Dreaded Birthday!

Well, I'll admit, it is a little late (two days too late, to be exact) but this cannot not be committed to the collective memory of the world wide internet.

It has been an entire year of peaceful - sometimes frustrating - communion to which I have been subject to and it seems to go on stronger than ever. I'm happy, at peace and content in this relationship and I do not intend to part with it. Yes, it's true, our first get together was uncomfortable and the entanglement of our relationship took well over 12 hours, and then it took about a month for adjusting, but in the end, we're happy together. I would even go so far as to say that I'm closer to being complete, whole!

Sure, all relationships have worse times and rocky parts and I won't hide the fact that I have had second thoughts about this union but now, one year later, I realize it has indeed been worth it.

So, this one goes to you: I'm truly blessed to have found (and accepted) you in the first place. You've accompanied me through all seasons, dry, snowy or rainy and never once complained. You've brought me joy and made me feel special. Even the problems you posed made me find hidden meanings in everyday life and, at the end, the solutions gave me satisfaction. You were always there with me, close to me, putting your special touch in everything I did, changing the way I see life and am seen by other lives. The world changed because of you and, though it sounds conceited and vain, I changed the world through you. Our special bond did raise flabbergasted questions and doubts but it also candidly touched the realm of serenity and delight.

I'm sorry but I am now drained of all the churning words that have been inside of me for the last couple of days and desperately wanted a chance to display their affectionate appreciation. And all I can say now is:

Happy Birthday, dreadlocks!

4 comments:

  1. Aha!
    Surprising as may seem a brief google search revealed that not only do people really write blog posts dedicated to their hairdo but they write poems also - allow me to share with you a (fairly traumatic) example: http://www.gspoetry.com/my-dreads-positiveabstract-poems-323035.html
    :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. If more time passes without an update I shall (and I mean it!) link you yet another ode to dreads :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lizzard: there! The dreaded ode curse is over... i hope :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. m-am spart :)) stiu ca e mega old postul asta but still :)
    Raluca

    ReplyDelete