Wednesday 27 August 2014

Meditation or Medication?

Today is a very special day, which I'm sure I will remember a long time, as it's the day I'm checking myself into a Vipassana Meditation Centre so that I can whine about it later. There will be 10 days of waking up at 4 AM, sitting down until the back muscles give out and start complaining (that usually happens by the third day), no communication whatsoever with the people inside or the outside world, no technology, no books, no writing, and above all no smoking or using any type of intoxicants. Again! And, surprisingly, it's all done out of my own free will, this being the reason why I think I'd rather need some medication for having made this wonderful choice. So, I'll be sure to check in here after I escape from the centre. 

No comments:

Post a Comment